Posted by: Worried | 2008-11-17

Numbness of toe

Hi doc, there is something that I' m concerned about. For the past 2 weeks I' ve been experiencing numbness of the big toe on my left foot. Sometimes there is pain as well which makes my entire foot sore. I' m really worried about this, I' ve tried massaging it but that does not help. What could this be? Please advise..

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Worried

Giving you an accurate answer to this would require taking a full medical history. The fact that it is limited to one toe of one foot suggests a nerve problem which could be both local as in, in the foot or even higher up such as sciatica. I would advise you to watch it closely, if the feeling does not return, consult a doctor or podiatrist.