Question
Posted by: Helen | 2010/01/07

numbness in toe

My baby toe has a sensation of been numb when I touch it against something. Yet if I pinch it, there does seem to be a bit of life in it...why does it feel as it does?

Hallo Helen
You have fine and deep sensation on the skin - your fine sensation may be affected by a pinched or bruised nerve, but the deep sensation will usually stay intact. Have you injured your foot or bumped it lately?

2
Posted by: Helen | 2010/01/08

thanks for the prompt response!. I have not injured/bumped the foot recently no, however, about a year ago, it was question marked so to say..of possible poloyneuropathy. I suffer with pins and needles in the foot, leg as well as my hands and arms. My legs and feet are the worst when I am lying down. They jerk or feel as if a muscle is pulling or my feet up to and including my ankle area, actually feel numb until i move it. This goes on all night, with me moving the foot to relieve the sensation. I am not on medical aid..so it' s been a while since I had tests done.

Reply to Helen
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/07

Hallo Helen

Reply to cyberdoc