Posted by: Sunitha | 2009-02-13

Numbness in hand and ringing in ear.

I have been experiencing numbness in my left hand and a ringinging sensation in my ears. What is this symptomatic of? I have also been experiencing pain in the upper vertebrae (neck region).

This has been going on for about ten days.

Your help will be appreciated.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Ringing in the ears is referred to as "Tinnitus" and there are essentially 3 main causes. Loud noise (85%) , Stress (8%) and sinus (5%). There are some really good homeopathic remedies available for this.
The pain in your neck coupled with numbness in the arm could be a functional problem in your neck. A chiropractor could help in this instance. There is some argument that the tinnitus could be influenced by a vertebral dysfunction - but this is not substantiated by enough research.