Question
Posted by: G | 2012-07-13

Numbness in fingers and toes

At the beginning of the year I experienced pins and needles with some numbness in my hand that lasted for about 3 days. I now have a toe that has been numb for just over a week. Surely this can''t be normal. Should I go and see a doctor?

Kind regards,
G

Yes, you will have to consult your doctor for an examination. The numbness, pins and needles can be due to nerve irritation. Severe muscle spasm of the neck and lower back can be the cause for your sudden onset of symptoms. In the interim, you can use Ibuprofen to alleviate the inflammation.