Posted by: Nickola | 2012-01-31

Numbness in fingers and toes

I am a 29 year old woman, with a 2 year old toddler. I try to eat a healthy diet, and am not overweight. I have noticed that over the past few months I have been getting numbness in my fingers and toes. It isn''t constant, but it''s always in the same toes and fingers - and once my whole hand went numb. There doesn''t seem to be any pattern to it - it happens whether I''m sitting, standing or walking. Is it something I should be concerned about? I''m otherwise in excellent health, and my husband and I are wanting to have another baby soon. I did have a miscarriage last year - could that be a contributing factor? Thanks!

There are numerous possible causes for the numbness in your fingers and toes, which range from Vitamin B deficiency, hypothyroidism and nerve irritation. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests.