Question
Posted by: Sue | 2010-05-28

Numbness in face and nausea

I have a compression wedge fracture due to a hard fall. Sitting for more than 45 minutes results in numbness in my head and nausea. Is this normal? When could I start driving a car again?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

I presume that the fracture is in your lumbar spine and if so it is unlikely to cause "numbness in your head and nausea". So, no, fractures of the spine do not usually cause those symptoms and the question of driving a car is dictated by how serious your fracture of your spine is - your doctor should be able to tell you that

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010-05-30

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum