Posted by: Numbness | 2011-09-28

Numbness in body

Hi Doc,

I’ ve been having lower back pain for the past 4 weeks &  since last Tuesday (20/09/11) both my feet started have the feeling of pins &  needles, it’ s starting to spread up in my legs. I also have a numb feeling in my left groin and if I supply slight pressure it’ s sore. If I go to the ladies I also have a numb feeling when wiping in the front &  back.

I have loss in my apatite which is not normal for me and I’ m constantly tired. I also have been getting a few dizzy spells and have even been asked if I’ m drunk.

I also had a strange feeling on Friday morning the only way I can describe it is like I was getting a seizure. I was sitting down and then started shaking and when I realised what happen I thought to myself what the hell just happened.

I already went for and MRI scan of my back but that only show a normal wear &  tear the neurosurgeon was happy with that.

I’ m female and 26 years old

Can you please give me some advice?

The symptoms in your lower back are due to sciatica, secondary to nerve irritation. You can consult a physiotherapist for treatment and especially an exercise routine to strengthen your lower back. You can use Brufen in combination with Robaxin. Ask your pharmacist to provide you with these products.

The general feeling of malaise has to be investigated by your doctor with blood tests, urine and stool sample analysis.

If you experienced a seizure, your GP can refer you for an EEG to determine if you are epileptic or not.