Posted by: ups1122 | 2013-01-07

Numbness and pain on feet when walking out of bed in the mornings

I''m 39 years old with no chronic illnesses. Every morning when I get out of bed my heals of both my feet hurt and can hardly walk for the first minutes because of Numbness and pain after a minute my feet are all fine with NO pain. What could be wrong. I do exercise regularly

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank your for your e-mail, for the most accurate diagnosis I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist. Contact the Podiatry association of South Africa or 0861 100 249. In the meantime I would suggest that you do a few stretches with your feet before getting out of bed, even if you just move them up and down, don't walk barefeet and wear very cushioning supportive shoes until you have seen a podiatrist

Posted by: Barbie | 2013-01-21

Hi, Thank you for placing the question bcause I''m having the same problem as you. I am also the same age as you, no chronic diseases, healthy eating habits and do exercise regularly and I''m still gaining weight.

Reply to Barbie