Posted by: Cindy Claassen | 2009-07-27

I have had a pins and needles in my left leg for the past 8years. I' ve had several X-rays and a MRI scan of my back because we thought it might be because of an old injury, but there is no problem there. The past 2 years it has become more noticable as I seem to be falling over my own feet often. I also cannot sit or lie in one position for long as my leg begins to cramp. I also can' t walk for very long because my leg goes completely numb and my back hurts.
Should I be worried?

Dear Cindy
It really sounds as if you have a nerve that is pinching somewhere - did you see a orthopedic surgeon? You may need to see a neurologist for some nerve conduction tests to determine exactly which nerve is affected. Ask your GP to consider this? (The test may be uncomfortable as they test the flow of the nerve impulses between two points on the leg - be prepared for this)