Posted by: SR | 2011-03-07

Numbing of fingers

For the past 3 months I constantly have this numbing feelings on my left hand - ring finger &  baby finger. It does not pain - just always numb. I can still use my hand. Sometimes when I am on the phone for a while then my entire hand gets numb. I went to my GP and he said that if it was the other 3 fingers it would have been something to worry abt, but since its the ring &  baby finger nothing 2 serious, but if it persists then maybe I should go to a specialists and they have to release pressure from my elbow. i would like to hear ur opinion and what should I do, coz it is becoming very annoying. Thanks

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-08

Posted by: Dr Bets | 2011-03-07

Hallo SR
It is probably a nerve pinching either at the elbow or the wrist. Try using an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen if you are not allergic to it, and see if it gets better? if not, your doctor will have to refer you to an orthopedic surgeon for further tests.
dr Bets

Reply to Dr Bets