Posted by: sebady | 2009-03-02

numb sensation in same toe on both feet

I work in the Caribbean for the most part of the year. After not snow boarding for 13 months i went to Maine for a week of solid snowboarding every day.
I have come back to work in st thomas and have found that after a week the toe next to my big toe on both feet feel numb. I have full movement with out pain and here is no discoloration and i can feel if i pinch the toe. Blood coloration can be observed when pressing on the toe nail as it would normally. Whoever if feels like i have my toes are on ice or at least i notice them, feel that they are different to the toes around them.... some kind of nerve damage from tight boots? cold damage of some kind? please let me know your thoughts.
Kind regards

Dear Sebastiaan
You probably just bruised the nerves between the toes ( the bones of the foot could have put pressure on it with the boots you were wearing) and it will probably recover by itself. Try taking Vit B co supplements to feed the nerves. Give it a week or two and if it still remains the same, you could ask your doctor to have a look. I'm not too worried if by your description, it looks normal and you can feel pressure and the blood flow seems to be normal.
dr Bets