Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/16

Numb patch of skin

I have a patch of skin on the outer side of my right thigh that is perpetually numb, about 2-3 cm in diameter. I seem to recall that it was a bit itchy from time to time but that has disappeared. I' ve had it for a few months. There are no other obvious or visible symptoms and the numbness doesn' t appear to have spread.

Expert ImageArchive

This sounds quite typical of 'Meralgia Paresthetica'.. which is causes by pressure on the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve (nerve that supplies sensation specifically to that area).

Consulting with a chiropractor may offer some help.

regards

Kevin