Question
Posted by: Johann | 2009/10/13

Numb little finger

Doc,
I have had a numb little finger in my left hand for about a week now. It hard to explain, best way to describe it is as pins and needles sensation. The tip of my ring finger is also starting now. What could be the cause and how do I get rid of it...

Hallo Johann
This is often caused by a nerve pinching in the wrist or an injury/bruising of the nerve running between the little finger and ring finger. Try taking an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen, but if it persists you may need to let your doctor have a look.

4
Posted by: Susan | 2009/10/14

No Johann, you do go under general aneasthetic for the op, but its not sore, you' re just not allowed to drive for 2-3 weeks. And it takes a month or two for the nerves to heal. Good luck!

Reply to Susan
Posted by: johann | 2009/10/13

Thanks Susan, Is it a painfull operation...

Reply to johann
Posted by: Susan | 2009/10/13

Johann, I had the same problem, it just started one day and wouldn' t go away till I went for tests and they discovered it was a pinched nerve in my elbow, I had an operation for this and haven' t had the problem ever again. They will most probably do a " geleidingstoets"  (I do not know the english word) on you to identify which nerve it is. I would go to a dr asap, because your nerves can start dying if not treated.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/13

Hallo Johann

Reply to cyberdoc