Posted by: AMA | 2011-06-07

numb hand in the mornings

hi doc and your panel
i want to know how to avoid oer what to do or eat my hand from being numb in the mornings though here at work today i felt my left leg was nomb too this morning ..i can''t eat meat or chicken as i''m off them since i got pregnant (16weeks this week preggies)

The numbness is most probably due to carpel tunnel syndrome. In pregnancy water is retained and this causes pressure on the nerve that supplies the hand of sensation. You can consult your doctor for an examination to confirm this condition. There are various forms of treatment but please refrain from drinking any diuretics, as this is very harmful to your baby during pregnancy.