Question
Posted by: Ally | 2008/09/23

Numb feet while exercising

HI there,

While exercising on the stepper at the gym, my feet go numb,
the front of my feet, the toes. It is very uncomfortable. What causes this and how can i avoid it??
Thank you very much

Dear Ally
This could be due to nerve entrapment in the ankle area. The increased blood flow in the muscles may cause slight swelling and pressure on the nerves. Another cause could be tight shoes that restrict the blood flow. Please ask your doctor to check your pulses and to see if there are any signs of nerve entrapment. Let him also check your blood sugar.

1
Posted by: angel | 2008/12/08

i also get numb feet while excercising. it it the top half of my foot i do a lot of walking on the weekends and they do not go numb from that but during the week i do cardio but only 15 min in my feet go numb and it hurts. i do the eliptical mostly what are some options that might help?

Reply to angel