Posted by: MACK | 2009-02-23

Good morning,
I have a numb sensation in my right foot and part of my right leg. It has the same feeling as you have on your cheek when you have been to the destist and have been injected. I battle to lift my toes up and when I walk I seem to slap my right foot. Do you have any suggestions of what it could be or what exercises I can do to improve it. I do a lot of swimming.
Thanks so much.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Mack

It sounds like you could have some sort of nerve impingement. The nerves that service your feet and legs all originate in the spinal cord and could be "pinched" or trapped somewhere along their length, most likely in the lower back. There is a lot that should be checked first including your age, medical history, presence of back injury or pain. Maybe you should discuss this with a physio or even a chiropractor.