Posted by: Bubu | 2009-02-16

Numb feet

Hi Doc,

i have a strange feeling of numbeness on my feet especially underneath my toes. Its been a week now and i thought this would go away but this feeling is persistant. i feels ticklish and i have little sensation if none. its as if i cant feel my feet. At first i thought my feet were cold but after a wk i think something is wrong. Can you please advise what could be wrong or which doctor can i go to.

thanking you in advance.

Dear Bubu
This could be a sign of diabetes or a vitamin shortage - you can go to a GP for an initial examination, if needed he will refer you to a specialist. They need to check your blood sugar and also examine you for possible compression of nerves in your lower back.