Posted by: shirley | 2009-06-15

numb face

please help, i woke up in the morning and face was numb on the other side, with my mouth going sideways when i speak my mouth keeps on twitching as well as my right eye what can be the cause of this thing am getting stroke

Expert ImagePharmacist

You should see a doctor ASAP. It may have various causes.

U nd to go to a dr to rule out a stroke but i dont think it is, i think it is what they call bell' s palsy where the cranial nerve that runs from the ear becomes infected causing partial facial paralysis. It is caused by a virus. Some people get it after being a windy draught. You nd to go to GP so you can be treated and the paralysis will go away.