Posted by: tamsin | 2011-06-07

numb arm

Good day

My boyfriend is currently in Thailand on holiday and slept on his arm the other night. Since then it has been dead/numb from the should to the elbow... about 30 hours have passed and his arm hasn''t eased up.

He went to see a doctor in thailand, who said he needed acupuncture? He is there for another week...

Please provide some advice as to what he should do.

Thank you!

The numbness is due to inflammation surrounding the nerves. I suggest that he consults a neurologist as soon as possible to evaluate if there is any permanent damage to the spesific nerves involved. It is very important to have tests done to locate the spesific point of pressure on the nerve and to treat it adequately.