Question
Posted by: SKye | 2009/11/17

Nuisterate

Hi, I have been on Nuisterate for years. I have also been emotionally numb for most of those years, I spoke to my psychologist and told him about a 6 month period were I used the pill Jasmin and how I had could actually feel my emotions but they were overwhelming. He said maybe the nuisterate is messing with my hormones and could be in part a cause of being emotionally numb. Could this be a cause and what contraception could I get that would not have hormones in it. And why was I so emotional on the pill and not the injection, what is the difference? Thanks for your help.

The injectable could be responsible. The differnce betweent he Pill and injection is that the Pill contains oestrogen and progesterone, while the injectable has progesterone only. The IUCD does not have hormones.

1