Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2010/05/15

Nudity in films - the sequel

Without going too much into the ritual basis of drama, I suppose there is a need for people to see their impulses expressed and in older societies the shaman fulfilled this role, expressing the impulses in the stories and charades around a campfire. In modern times, at leats in a sense, perhaps that role is performed by actors in films. Nudity, particular male nudity, is still taboo in dramatic representation. Maybe it would be healthier if men were portrayed nude as often as women. Perhaps men are afraid that by exposing themselves, they will be perceived as weak (a flaccid penis isn''t as symbolically powerful as an erect one). What do you think, Doctor? Care to elaborate please?

Sounds like I'm bering asked to contribute towards someone's essay or thesis ! Maybe, as is reported from nudist colonies and resorts, too much nudity could remove its power to shock or impress, so limiting its occurance may preserve its dramatic power ?

3
Posted by: IN AND OUT | 2010/05/17

Jennifer lets make a movie where we walk around naked all day then we can show all the women that men can walk around naked whether a big or small willy. are you in or out

Reply to IN AND OUT
Posted by: IN AND OUT | 2010/05/17

Reply to IN AND OUT