Question
Posted by: Daniel John | 2008/11/11

NSC pass requirements?

Hello. I feel like I may fail my first additional language, Afrikaans. Is it possible for me to still pass the year? Under what requirements? What happens if I don' t pass, do I have to redo the year?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Daniel John,

you dont say what grade you are, but sometimes your overall marks will be looked at and your school may decide to put you through to the next grade even if you fail Afrikaans. The people best placed to answer this would be your teachers, so I suggest you ask your grade head what the procedure would be for the grade you are in.

Good luck with the exams, and just do your best - thats all anyone - including you can ask.