Posted by: YaYa | 2009-03-31

Now &  Then

I was at a wedding a couple of weekends ago and there were a few people that were in primary school with me that I haven' t seen in ages. Well now back in school I was invisible. This girl was nasty to me. Not just her but so were other girls. There was one incident where I was asked to leave them alone. I don' t know what I did wrong to these girls. I just wanted some friends. So without putting up a fight I ignored them and just left to do my own thing. I know I wasn' t the prettiest of children but why did they have to be so nasty. Right up until I finished high school I had no friends. Yes I was the ugly nerd girl and how I am telling this sounds like it coming from a chick flick movie but hey that' s why they make movies like this cos it is really true. At that time it did hurt me alot. I did not find anything wrong with me. Perhaps I was just weird looking or something. Now back at this wedding I greeted this girl. She is no stranger after all. I got the most fake " hello"  and such a sour smile from her. I thought GAWD am I still that goofy girl I was back in school. I greeted her cos we' re all grown up and things like that don' t matter. I am over it though it does make my heart sink just a little if I think about it. So soon as I got this sour " hello"  I turned my head thought that' s that just walk away don' t let her finish you know. I have learnt to put things like that out of my life

Oh and suddenly one of the other girls in school with me is oh so friendly exchanging funny friendly e-mails etc. She had a child at 20, now married to a guy that gets so drunk at times and perhaps a bit psycho too. Oh shame.

I felt so lucky at this wedding. I have the best boyfriend and he' s neat, clean shaven and well-mannered and then I looked at hef bf who was all scruffy, over weight bla bla bla, etc. And this is not to compare but I think I got better looking as I got older. Her hair is over dyed and looks like straw and she has cankles. LOL ok that does sound childish but it is to make point of how I felt in school. You got ugly and I well got better.

I am so grateful for what I have in my life as well as the great friends who have come in to my life but I think people are such pathetic creatures at times and so nasty.

I' m now 23 years old and looking forward good things that lie ahead for me.

Please don' t think I have a big head but I am just expressing my thoughts. I was the shy ugly girl in school. I' m not going to waste my time confronting those girls (women). I' m over it.

So there are some happy endings. Always remember, for the studs and princesses at high school, usually that it the absolutely highlight of their life, and everything is down-hill from there ; for the rest of us, we can soar above them

Posted by: YaYa | 2009-03-31

I am only writing this as it made me think back after many years and I got to see them face to face after many many years. This was in primary school. These girls did not go to high school with me. About 13 years ago.

Reply to YaYa
Posted by: Kems | 2009-03-31

I must say I was the same, also did not have many friends at school, long story short, after school I landed a high paying job and became very popular, where the kids at my school all went downhill with low paying jobs, you do get a sense of satisfaction to see how the wheel turns ...

Reply to Kems
Posted by: YaYa | 2009-03-31

Oh I' m over it for sure cos it' s so childish yet they can' t even greet you properly. I wish them well what ever they are doing in their life.

Reply to YaYa
Posted by: Katy | 2009-03-31

You' re not over it.

You' re gloating because on the surface you seem to be doing " better"  than them. Don' t gloat over someone else' s misery or misfortune. You have no idea what their lives entail and even if they were nasty to you at school and if you really were over it, you' d not have posted this nor acted the way you did.

You are still angry about being the ugly duckling with low self esteem and it seems that by " gossiping"  here about them helps boost your self esteem.

Reply to Katy