Question
Posted by: Fiona | 2009-02-12

Notice to Defend

I filed for divorce, he received the summons, he told me that he wants to change the maintenance amount and settle his visitation rights, which I am in agreement with as I understand. But I have received a notice to defend, is that just for the maintenance amount and his visitation rights or is it for the divorce! I want to be divorced from this man, I have been waiting since July 2008 and now this. I cant get hold of my lawyer until later and I am so worried that I have to wait!

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Fiona,

I understand you are in panic, however, legal issues are best dealt with the lawyer who is dealing with your case. If he is not available he should have appointed someone who can be reached regarding ongoing matters. You should call his office and ask who is standing for him or ask for a colleague.

All the best
SADSA