Question
Posted by: Mary-ann | 2010-05-19

Notice periods

I will be going on maternity leave in July and will be returing on Nov 1st. My contract states that One calender months notice needs to be given if i wish to terminate. The basic conditions of employments says that I cannot give notice during my maternity Leave. Will I have to give notice on Nov 1st and work for the remainder of November? The BCOE also states that if any leave days are owing to me, I do not have to take them during that notice period, it that correct, and will my employer need to reimburse me for the leave days owing to me?

I hate my current job and will be looking for new employment to commenct 01/12/2010.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Notice Periods

Normally one cannot give notice whilst you are on maternity leave. I would suggest that you do work for November.

1
Posted by: Labour lawyer | 2010-05-31

re: Notice Periods

Reply to Labour lawyer