Question
Posted by: Blommie | 2011/04/13

Notice period

What is the difference: 30 days notice, 1 calender month and 30 calender days?

My husband resigned 7 April, his company does not want to accept this. ''They'' say he should have resigned on the 1st, he needs to resign now on the 1st May and finish 31 May.
He needs to start his new job 3 May, he has 11 leave days due aswell. They won''t pay out his leave either.

In his contract is says: 30 calander days. What does that mean?
In my mind 30 days notice is any day of the month untill the next month the same day.
1 Calender month is 1st to 30/31st of a month
So what is 30 calender days????

Please help

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Notice period

The difference between 30 days notice and one calender months notice is that if you are on 30 days notice then it will count from any day that you resign. If you are on a calender month notice then it must be done before the 1st of the month of the next month. In essence your husband has until the 7th May when he has to leave.

2
Posted by: QQ | 2011/04/21

THEY HAVE TO pay out his leave or he should just leave 11 working days earlier.
He needs to inform them in writing hereof. ie. either pay my leave or my last working day will be XX wjatever. The last 11 days being taken as annual leave.

Reply to QQ
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/04/18

re: Notice period

Reply to Labour Lawyer