Question
Posted by: Julie | 2009/11/12

notice period

Hi There,

i have been with my current company for 8 years in the last 2 years the co is experiencing financial problems and i did nto receive a bonus or increase.

I am looking around and i was wondering the following:

1)My notice period is 1 month- Can i give two weeks notice? Others have been doing this but have sacrificed 2 weeks pay which i' m fine with.
I was offered a job where they required a immediate start lost out due to the notice period.

2) they keep saying they have no money but they spending huge amounts on new PC' s that don' t need to be replaced and entering into contracts like renting a COMPANY apartment despite little use of it etc. we are part of a huge group internationally and only this office is cutting down on bonuses and increases

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: NOTICE PERIOD

You must give one month's notice period after one year of work. If you are prepared to sacrifice your pay and they are prepared to accept the 2 weeks then you would negotiate same with them.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/11/27

RE: NOTICE PERIOD

Reply to labour lawyer