Posted by: Lisa | 2008-12-01

Nothing serious?

Hi doc, Just this morning i came up with this very uncomfortable feeling when i cough, its so irritating. I dont have the flu. Its just dry &  my chest hurts a bit &  has a slight burn after i cough. Also last night i got a pinch like pain on the left side of my chest. It went away after a while but came back quiet a few times today. Any idea what it could be? I dont wanna waste my time &  go to a doc coz they tell me the same stuff al the time. If its nothing to be worried about then I can at least feel relieved

Dear Lisa
If you don't have fever and you are not coughing up any phlegm, you could try treating it with a cough syrup like Benylin and taking something like Neurofen for the chest pain. If it worsens or you get any other symptoms like a sore throat, shortness of breath or yellow/green phlegm you may need antibiotics and may need to see your GP