Question
Posted by: Red | 2010/02/18

Not your typical post to hear about.

Hi CS

I love cats. Recently a cat came to me at work and I' ve been feeding it since. Next week I am going away for 1 week and I don' t want to ask my boss or the cleaning lady to feed it. This might annoy them and cause a bit of trouble within the work place. I could easily leave lots of food and water outside for him but ants will crawl all over the food.

CS, it is my fault I should not have fed him in the first place because now he is permanently outside my office. I work in a bush environment (airpot actually) so there are birds he can catch and bugs etc. I felt very sorry for him so I gave him some food my cats at home don' t like so why let that go to waste.

I suppose my best option would be to take him to the spca or cat adoption fund. Part of me feels i should never have fed him in the first place, he was quite capable of finding food.

It' s very silly of me but I love animals esp cats. Unfortunately I cannot take him in.I have 3 already.

Sorry if this is rather silly. He' s got such a sweet nature and such a talker with all his kitty cat noises.

Hey Red,
Hard to know what's best to do. He used to look after himself before you started to feed him, and will probably manage, but he'll be puzzled that you're not there, and may go looking for you.
What hapened to one of our regular readers, Jcat, who was an expert on cats and other animals ? She would have some good ideas, I'm sure. She worked with an organization called CLAW which rescues wild cats and helps to get them healthy and to find homes.
Nothing wrong with loving cats ! And I read that they have more vocl noises than most other animals, and far more than dogs, who have a far more limited repertoire.

3
Posted by: Red | 2010/02/18

Yes, cats own you, not you owning them. They are easier to look after than dogs. I just don' t want him to make a nuisance of himself because he greets me every morning. I barely open my office door and he sprints in. My boss might not like that. Not many people I know even like cats. I' m going to leave food for him. Seems like he doesn' t mind if ants crawl over it. This cat has not been neutered so he' ll probably wonder off eventually. Oh well. When I get back I' ll find a proper home but in the meantime I' m enjoying his company.

Reply to Red
Posted by: Sam | 2010/02/18

It' s a cat, he' s ego is so big, he' ll pretend he doesn' t even notice that you' re gone. lol. Just kidding. He' ll be ok. Ever noticed how your cats can sometimes vanish for a week or two ' cause they' re on heat? They can make it on their own, in the wild, they' d probably only catch something maybe 2 a week anyway. Don' t worry, go on leave, and when you get back, the cat will be happy to be treated again :-)

Reply to Sam

Hey Red,