Question
Posted by: Pete | 2011/03/01

Not Tired, but tired of not sleeping

Over the years I got use to this: Go to bed at 21:00, wake up roundabout 3:00 then struggle to sleep until I have to get up at 5:00.
Thing is last couple of months I sleep until 3:00 and then don’  t sleep again.
My wife is concerned that my sleeping patterns will affect my health in the long run? Well what should I do, take sleeping tablets? Up to now it does not really effect me, when it does effect me is if I do not get to bed in time (21:00). Then I m not tired anymore and go to bed in the morning hours... Only to be awake early.

Recently I get up at this time in the morning to see if it would effect me.
I also tried once for a month to " record"  everytime I wake during the night. (21:00 - 3:00) average once, but then form 3:00 to 5:00 about 5 times.

Is this normal?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The important thing is how you are during the day. If you are not tired, not falling asleep inappropriately, and generally functioning well, then you are getting the sleep you need.

Everyone's sleep needs are different. If, however, you are tired during the day when you shouldn't be, then you may need some help

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/03/01

Reply to Sleep expert