Question
Posted by: MB | 2009-07-24

Not THRYOID... so what is it???

Hi Dr Bets.
I was recently displaying all the symptoms of an under active thryoid. I had a TSH blood test done, and apparently it was normal. However I still feel letargic constantly, am losing alot more hair than normal, am very irritable,and am battling to shift extra weight. I dont know what more to do... Please help...

MB

I strongly suggest that you consult an endocrynologist, for a series of tests.

2
Posted by: MB | 2009-07-24

Also, I am in my mid twenties, so menopause isn' t a possible cause...

Reply to MB
Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-24

Dr, could it be hormonal? I see all these programs on TV regarding perimenopause and hormonal imbalances where the patients always have a new leash on life after proper treatment. However when we go to our doctors they always do a quick blood test and the receptionist calls you back to say your tests were in the normal range. And you carry on half alive. What should we require from and insist on from our doctors?