Posted by: Concerned MOM | 2009-03-27

not talking

Hi there, i have a 2year 5month little girl who at this stage i' m not sure whether she should be talking or not she says words like lets go bath and car and coke and juice and she talks a bit here and there like hello and bye, should i be concerned that she is not yet talking fluently or does it happen gradually.

I don't really work with early child development --- try asking our resident Paediatrician.

Posted by: Kelly | 2009-03-27

I think this is normal too.
My brother &  sister spoke fluently from a very early age, they much older now though.My fnds baby is 2yrs and she says little words and a few sentences.I was kind of wondering if she shouldn' t be speaking already so i asked around and was told that that was normal for a two year old.
I guess because my bro.and sister were so advance that i thought there was something wrong with her developement.
but its normal

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Katy | 2009-03-27

hi concerned mom,

your daughter seems to be on par and i don' t think you have any reason to be concerned. she is stringing words to gether to form sentences and she understand a whole lot about what' s happening around her.

i have a daughter aged 2yrs and 3 months, i own a few toddler development books which includes language development. based on this i can assure you that your daughter is do really well.

Reply to Katy