Question
Posted by: Sam | 2008/09/04

Not sure when period really starts

I am ttc my second child, first took only 2 months to conceive 2 years ago. I am no having a " crazy"  period. It looks like I am starting one day27th Aug), then nothing the next then on the 3rd day tiny bit of what I call old blood (brown colour) this brown continued for 2 days then nothing the next, now I have started my " proper" period (3rd Sep).
Please could you help me to know how to chart ovulation and on which day do call my day 1 of my new cycle. Is there something wrong with me? I usually have a 30 day cycle.
Thanks you

I think you should ignore this cycle. It will be difficult to work out ovulation from what you have described. If you usually have regular periods, wait for your next cycle.