Question
Posted by: Blessing | 2012/04/13

not sure what to do

Hi. When i met my boyfriend he told me he is a committed member of the church and he doesnt want to allow what happened in his previous relationship whereby his ex used to control him and he had to stop a lot of his activities to please this woman. I agreed to go easy on him cause i am not the clingy type as i have a life to live without him. So they had to go to the pilgrimage last week and before that he discussed this with me that he''s not to have any sexual contact with a woman, i understood and respected that. I am expecting that the first week back he will actually want to spend it with me but no he has to go to church. When i raised this issue today he said he doesnt expect me to compalin yada yada but what is expected of me? i am not sure what is expected of me cause i am a supportive and loving girlfriend, i do all that he asks of me just once i request my needs to be met he doesnt like it.

Sometimes i feel like being in a relationship is a waste of time and i am only inviting hurt in my life.

Its not a question of either expecting a friend who is a sincere and devout member of a particular church to give up their beliefs and practices for you, not to expect you to accept all the beliefs and practices of a church which is not your own. Being in ANY relationship is not, of course, a waste of time, but some relationships are indeed a waste of time, especially when each of a couple have strongly and sincerely held but different views that are not easily made compatible.

1