Posted by: Cindy | 2011-09-07

Not sure if you can help

I notice that there is no longer a cosmetic surgery section here. Thing is, I had a breast reduction 10 years ago. I recently had a baby and discovered that, although I had more than enough milk, it just wasn''t coming out properly. It was coming out in drops and then it would just stop. I tried massaging and compresses and even pumps but nothing worked. I had to make the choice to stop my milk and feed my baby formula. My breasts were red and my baby wasn''t getting any food so it was the only thing to do.

My question is: if I have another baby, is the same thing going to happen? I mean, the canals were cut when they did my breast reduction and I get the feeling like not enough of them have reconnected. If this is the case, is there anything that can be done? I want to know if I should prepare next time and have the medication on hand to stop my milk after baby number 2.

Yes, it will recoccur and rather prepare to bottle feed your next child. Further surgery can complicate matters.