Question
Posted by: so concerned | 2009/02/25

Not sure if the Mirena is good for me?

I had my second son 9 August last year. The 13 October I had the mirena fitted. Since then, I have been spotting continuously. Ive been forced to wear panty liners and on some occassions in the middle of nowhere a pad. After sex, the spotting would be worse. Also, when I wait to long to go to the loo, then I also see some blood. This is really uncomfortalbe for me. Is this normal or is there a possibility that this mirena is just not working for me?

Please help

The spotting is common and can persist for up to 9 months after the Mirena is inserted.

3
Posted by: A | 2009/02/27

You shouldn' t spot for the whole 5 years. It can take up to about 9 months for the spotting to settle down, but you may spot at any time while you have it.

Reply to A
Posted by: so concerned | 2009/02/25

Thanks for the feedback, but does this mean it will spot for the whole 5 years? Geez, it costs quite a penny to just consider other BC :)

Reply to so concerned
Posted by: A | 2009/02/25

Spotting is one of the most common side-effects of the Mirena. If you can' t tolerate it you might want to consider another BC option.

Reply to A