Question
Posted by: Anon33 | 2011-02-21

Not sure if i''m depressed

Hi Cyber Shrink,

do you think there''s anything a doctor can prescribe for my condition. Fine i''m going through a break up, i know all the strategies how to go about getting over this. But my heart cant seem to accept, it''s been a month now of praying and crying. I am tired of it, do i just perhaps need some medication that can help me deal with the heartache, help my mood. My moods go down, i wake up in the middle of the night feeling depressed like i want to cry, for no reason. Sometimes i dont sleep at all, even though i''m not thinking about it.

Please help i need a quick fix back to happiness

There is absolutely no medication whatever that helps heartache, sadness, regret, and many other sources of emotional pain. But counselling DOES and can help. You are describing sadness, which is not necessarily or even probably, deprression. A "quick fix" is usually a dodgy and temporary fix.

1