Question
Posted by: Bron | 2012/01/23

Not sure if I have anxiety - Follow up

Dear CS
Thankyou kindly for your input on my post No 528, At least now I dont feel like I am the only one with this problem. Do you know of any support groups or organisations with people who have suffered the same fate? I find that speaking to people who havent been through this problem dont quite understand what I am experiencing. It would also be good to see how other people are coping and what methods they use to get through everyday tasks. I think that after the court case and having to testifiy and getting cross questioned by attorneys and the judge, it has left me feeling traumatised and isolated. Its almost as if the RAF attorneys did not believe the extent of the damage done. However they have conceded eventually and we requested a re-trial and they did not oppose it but i still feel like I was being treated like I did something wrong in taking the case to the courts.

In my experience, whenever one feels one is "the only one with this problem", whatever the problem may be, one is NOT the only one ! I wish there were proper support groups for people who have been through similar experiences. Maybe you should start one ?
Yes, the court experience can be additionall traumatizing, and the court system ( heck, it barely works at all, at the best of times ) doesnt even try to deal with this. Judges should be far more alert to allow fair criss-examination, but to prevent bullying of witnesses.
While RAF attorneys always believe each others claims for costs, it seems, they reflexly disbelieve victims seeking compensation. Its a lousy system. Some of us who were too sick during the required time for applying, didn't even get the privilege of being mauled in court for a chance at compensation.

1