Question
Posted by: Kate | 2009-02-27

Not sure if I am preg

I have been off the pill since Aug last year. My cycles have been 24 and 26 days alternatively. I thought I was pregnant this month as I have been extremely tired, I had ligaments pulling around the ovaries and have had blocked sinuses (normally symptoms for me - would be my 4th pregnancy).

So on day 25 I did a quantitative blood test and it came back negative. I am now on day 29 of my cycle and still no period and still feel like I could be pregnant. I also keep dashing to the loo thinking I have come on but nothing. I clearly remember this also happening with my first pregnancy.

I keep thinking I should do a urine test but if the blood test was negative then am I just being silly and hopeful? Is it just a late cycle or could it have been too soon for a blood test?

You did the test too soon. Repeat it now.

8
Posted by: Kate | 2009-03-02

Okay, will look for it. My kids are 5 and 4. My 1st baby was stillborn unfortunately. You?

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Mom of 1 | 2009-03-02

Will you go on the preg chat forum and let me know when there' snews? I' ll check again next month...
How old are your kids?

Reply to Mom of 1
Posted by: Kate | 2009-03-02

Nope, got my period on Sat!! Was very disappointed as I really thought it was this month.

Sorry for you too!! I feel for you! Maybe next month will be our lucky month :-)

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Mom of 1 | 2009-02-28

And?
Mine negative. will jsut have to carry on trying...
Hope you have better news!

Reply to Mom of 1
Posted by: Kate | 2009-02-27

Sure! I will post here. I announced my last 3 pregnancy on here so why not :-)) I just don' t want to get my hopes up after the negative blood test. I am sure you feel the same.

Do another test today and see what it says...

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Mom of 1 | 2009-02-27

Wil you let me know the result? I' m thinking of doing another one too...
Did blood after HPT so i' m really unsure.
Good luck!

Reply to Mom of 1
Posted by: Kate | 2009-02-27

If you had a faint line that is a positive! With my first baby I had such a faint line it was almost a watermark but it was positive.I have done about a thousand preggy tests (laugh) over time and in my experience, if there is any 2nd line even if it is faint, it is positive.

But so weird that the blood test was negative.

If I don' t get my period this afternoon I am going to do a HPT.

Good luck!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: mom of 1 | 2009-02-27

Hi Kate
So eager to read what hte doc says becuase i' m in the same position! about a week late now, did a home preg test (3 actually),the first had a feint line, the others were negative and blood test negative but also feeling all the symptoms - weeing more, boobs tender and bigger, nauseous, etc.
Hope you hear good news!

Reply to mom of 1