Question
Posted by: MG | 2010-05-09

Not sure

Hi Doctor,

My period this month started one week earlier. This is unusual for me. The period was very heavy and very long, but I had no pain. Afterwards, I became itchy at the entrance to my vagina and the mucous was smelly. I had a baby last year in July and breastfed until January this year. When I stopped breastfeeding, then my period started again. Could these symptoms be a sign of infection?

You may have a yeast infection. As you have only recently had your periods return, they may be irregular for a while.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-05-10