Question
Posted by: Phumeza | 2010-04-28

Not sure!!

I am 30 years old both my parents have arthiritis and I suspect that I have inherited it. I am built big and I use to love going to the gym until I had pain under my feet. It felt like my feet is cracking and could break anytime just in the middle. Also if I exercise on my knee it feels so dry and tense. If I sit for long to stand up it''s a hassle, I always feel like granny coz I can''t just stand my bones or muscles are stiff. I really need help, I have been consulting with the GP and she only gives me pain killers. I know that I need to loose wait but that is not possible without exercising but that is a mission for me. I don''t even take long walks as affects my bones.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Phumeza
You are right that arthritis can be inherited, especially if both yur parents have this. Unfortunately weight does play a huge role in the amount of strain you put on you joints.Walking is still the best exercise - try starting off with 10-15 minutes a day and remember to follow a healthy diet.