Posted by: JANA | 2012-01-24

Jana has a Male Labrador of 4yrs old, not spaded and not getting to any females at all. Can this be bad for him...? He sometimes cries and holds his tail up, very high. Thank you. Jana''s Mom.

Hi Jana

Everyone has their own opinion on whether one should castrate or not castrate their own dog. There are pro’s and con’s to both arguments and it is important that you research the issue in more depth before making any decision. My best advice is that you check the internet (type in Neutering and check the 7th listing) and/or visit your local vet and ask for their opinion. Unfortunately I cannot give my opinion on this matter.

Kind regards

Angus campbell

Posted by: Luciene | 2012-03-16

I don''t know where you got your figures, but as snomoee who has had private medical insurance and now am on Medicare, private does much better. Yes, it is higher priced, but Medicare is far from being free either. We pay a monthly premium for it that totally exceeds $150 a month each and the coverage is horrible. I used to be part of an employer based plan where I paid less than that, and got excellent coverage. The only thing I ever had to pay was a small co pay for doctor and prescriptions.I think the best plans are those offered by employers because they are group plans. Medicare SHOULD BE the largest group plan but the group it covers are those who have the biggest health problems so it is a lot of money.Medicare recipients can get better coverage for less money if they take out a private plan where they can become of a group comprised of all ages. That is actually what Obama was attempting to do with the uninsured in the country. The problem is .those uninsured did not have to pay anything for it at all so that only means that the premiums will go up for everyone else to pay for them.I would happily pay my $150 per month to a group plan to get better coverage.

Reply to Luciene