Posted by: Kirsty | 2012-08-15

Not sleeping

I am not able to sleep at night. I go to bed feeling tired but can''t fall asleep. This has been 3 nights in a row. Nothing has changed in my life. I go to bed at the same time as always. I have no stress at all. I normally can''t fall asleep if I have caffiene but I have not had any caffiene. I am not on any medication but take a multivitamin+flax seed oil + calcium in the morning. This had been my regular for years. I excercise 5 days a week and am fairly fit, slim build. I am 45yrs old. What could this be? I have never had insomnia before and no family history of this.

If you are not using any medication, alcohol, do not smoke and have not changed your routine and is not stressed or anxious at all, you can consult your doctor for blood tests, as thyroid diesease might be a possible cause for your insomnia. In the interim, you can use an antihistamine at night, as this might help you sleep.