Posted by: Jeni | 2012-05-21

Not sleeping

My son, aged 28 has problems sleeping. I think it used to be cause by stress, but he still has a problem. He prefers natural remedies and has tried teas and herbs but no success. Any suggestions. He does dose off but not for long. He lives in South Korea and works very hard, so I am a little concerned on the longtern effect. THank you

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Please remember that "natural" does not necessarily mean "safe". Cyanide is also "natural".

Having said that, however, potions, pills or remedies are NOT the answer to insomnia. By far the best way to deal with this is a psychological technique called "Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Sleep (CBTS)".

This is not something that can be done at long distance though, and he will need to find a sleep doctor there who knows about this technique.

Posted by: Jeni | 2012-05-23

He is trying natural herbs. He does not like taking madication

Reply to Jeni