Question
Posted by: Pete | 2011/02/28

Not Sleeping

I''m not sure if this is tehe correct forum for my question.

Over the years I got use to this: Go to bed at 21:00, wake up roundabout 3:00 then struggle to sleep until I have to get up 5:00.
Thing is last couple of months I sleep until 3:00 and then don’ t sleep again.
My wife is concerned that my sleeping patterns will affect my health in the long run? Well what should I do, take sleeping pills? Up to now it doe snot really effect me, when it does effect me is if I do not get to bed in time, for I’ ll still wake at the same time.

Copntinuous poor sleep may not be the best for one's health. But taking sleeping pills isn't terribly healthy either. Some people just don't need much sleep ( Maggie Thatcher, for instance ) so if you feel refreshed enough when you wake, and don'\t feel chronically tired, maybe it doesn't have to be a proble, just get up and go to another room and do something useful, like read a book, rather than disturbing your wife's sleep

4
Posted by: Ship | 2011/03/02

Hey,

We''re in the same boat. I have 2 small children and was up 12 times last night. This has been going on for 5 years and I feel it is affecting me in many ways. I forget easily and find myself staring into blankness. I wonder if I will ever get my mojo back............

Reply to Ship

If you start to feel like you need more sleep after a while..... here''s a suggestion that has worked for me before. Why don''t you try to set your alarm clock to midnight? Chances are you''ll still feel very sleepy and you''ll fall asleep again and sleep through. If doing it once doesn''t solve the problem, you could try it again the night after, but this time not at midnight but some other random time. I''m also wondering if there''s a reason why you got into that sleeping pattern. Like, does your wife go to the bathroom at that time? Does traffic on the streets start at that time? Does anything usual happen at that time that wakes you up?

Posted by: ? | 2011/02/28

Have u tried sleep expert on this site?

Reply to ?