Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-10

Not really a CS question but....any thoughts, anyone

I know better than to be agitated by facebook posts. Actually I don''''t like facebook at all. I don''''t even post, I just randomly read other people''''s posts. On Sunday my boyfriend posted on his Wall "  Please guys don''''t forget me in your prayers, I need a wife"  . I was taken aback. We haven''''t been together long - so we are still on a very high point of the relationship, everything is still hunky dorry. But now I am worried - I am going to wake up one day - GONE, he is married! Some people responded to him - some jokingly and he said "  This is a really serious issue guys ngempela..." 

Ow my gosh - he is still searching, and praying. Well searching and praying is GOOD, but I will die when he FINDS and I have to move aside. Should I be worried or not?

I think Facebook causes FAR, far, more problems for people than it ever solves, and that it is an entirely useless facility.
I'm sure he was being jokey in a clumsy way. I don't think you need to be worried, except about being maybe too easily worried about such things.

4
Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-10

Hope he was joking with his FB friends hey. OR HOPE he will ask ME to marry him and he is preparing himself for that by PRAYING FOR A WIFE...LOL LOL. Agh, I won''''t ask him, I will just enjoy what we have NOW with no HIGH hopes. Whatever will be, will be. Phela we end up missing out on today busy obsessing about tomorrow.

Posted by: Happiness | 2010-08-10

Very funny, but you can''t really draw conclusions based on his postings. Sometimes we post on FB just for the fun of it. And its usually to get other friends talking and crazy things are said. If it bothers you that much, take Maria''s advice and ask him. My advice, if you are the one he is gonna marry you regardless of the advices he gets on FB.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: Maria | 2010-08-10

Perhaps he is praying that you will be the right one for him? You know there is only one way to deal with this, ask him. Not in a confrontational way, just tell him that you saw on his FB page he is praying for a wife and you wonder where you fit in? Or forget about it and enjoy the relationship, as you say it''s still new.

Reply to Maria