Posted by: Maximumred | 2009-01-14

Not pregnant - ever

I have been of the pill since October 2007. I have never fallen pregnant and I' m now 31. My partner and I have sex daily and I still seem not to fall pregnant. Could I be infertile? My menstrual cycle is usually a day or two long and very light. For the past 6 months it has been about 4 days and heavier. Must I just be patient?

Dear Maximumred

The history is certainly suggestive of a fertility problem, which could either be due to your partner or yourself or a combination. It would be therefore prudent to have a full and through investigation including a sperm analysis, tubal evaluation as well as hormonal and gynaecological pelvic assessment.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim