Question
Posted by: Atir | 2012/03/25

Not Ovulating &  secreting breast milk

According to my Gynae I am not ovulating (saw him on 23/03). Can this be because of the Venlor XR 75 I am using for PND ( have been using it for 9 months now but my period only became sore and late in January this year). I also started having a milky discharge from my breasts yesterday and they are very sensitive. (My daughter is 2 and I have not breastfed since Sept 2010). I read that this is because of too high levels of prolactin?

I have also lost weight(55kg / 1.76m now), bruise very easily and feel very fatigued, nauseas and have headaches very often.

What can cause all this?

High prolactin can cause milk from the breasts as well as lack of ovulation. This is more likely than the Venlor. If you have missed a period, pregnancy is of course a possibility.

1