Question
Posted by: Suzette | 2011/06/07

Not Ovulating

Good Day. I''ve been off the Pill for 5 months. I am not ovulating, tested myself every month.Cycles between 31 - 33 days. I am 34. Is there any blood test I can have done? when is the best time to have them done? Is there treatments available to help me ovulate again?

Dear Suzette

A progesterone blood test can be done to assess if you are ovulating or not. It should be done in the mid-luteal phase of a menstrual cycle and if your cycle is between 31-33 days you can do it around day-23 or day-24 of your menstrual cycle. If however it shows that you are not ovulating then there are medication that are available that will help you ovulate.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

4
Posted by: Siba | 2016/06/01

Hi I also do not ovulate and my gynae put me on Nordette, now am regular but as soon as I stop the pill I don't get my period also, I am worried that this might be a life time thing to use the pill to help me ovulate:(

Reply to Siba
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/06/13

Dear Suzette

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/06/08

Yes, there is a blood test that you can do to determine if you ovulate or not. It is done more or less on the 21st day of your cycle.

Clomid will help you to ovulate, but you need a script for that.

Good luck.

Reply to Bee-Bee

i also couldn''t ovulate, so my gynae put me on clomid to help me ovulate. it even helped me conceive.