Posted by: Louisa | 2009-04-01

Not ovulating

Dear Doc

I went to the gynecologist about 1 month ago for my annual check up. Everything was fine. I informed him that I was on the pill (Triphasil) for about 5 years. I stopped taking the pill at the end of January. I still have not started with my menstrual cycle. He had some tests done and Dr informed me today that my progesterone levels are not normal and that’ s why I’ m not ovulating. What does this mean? What is the cause of this, what is the next step? Will I be able to get pregnant?

Causes of not ovulating include hormone imbalances, PCOS and other rarer problems. If you are not ovulating , you will not be able to conceive without assistance. However. it may be a temporary situation while your body adjusts to being off the Pill. Give it a bit longer.

Posted by: Natz | 2009-04-01

I was on the PILL for 10 years. Apparently after u go off the pill it can take time for your body to ovulate again....your body needs time to learn what to do again...u will eventually start to ovulate again and then u can fall pregnant. Some woman take much longer than others.....

Reply to Natz